Re: git-annex

[CC’ing the list to keep more people in the loop]

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 25.08.2015, 20:49 +0100 schrieb Edmund Grimley Evans:
> Do you know why git-annex is being repeatedly retried rather than
> just waiting for libghc-cryptonite-dev in an orderly fashion?
>
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=git-annex&suite=sid
>
> Presumably the problem will go away when
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=796800 is fixed...

indeed, that would be a way to work around the issue. The core of the
issue is however something different:

git-annex has this lne:
    Build-Depends: ... libghc-cryptonite-dev | libghc-cryptohash-dev (>= 0.11.0) ...
which seems to confuse the build daemons.  Alternatives in build
-dependencies are generally not well supported, so while wanna-build
believes this can be satisfied, it seems the actual build daemons will
only consider the first alternative.

About your patch: I was hoping that upstream can bless it quickly, but
given that this blocks quite a few patches, and that there is a
presumably good test suite in the package, I think I can simply apply
it and see what happens.

Will do that right away.

But note that we might then just fall in to the next tarpit:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-haskell/2015/08/msg00111.html