Re: haskell-polyparse too new for haskell-swish

Quoting Joachim Breitner (2015-04-29 13:11:05)
> Hi,
>
> Am Mittwoch, den 29.04.2015, 13:06 +0200 schrieb Jonas Smedegaard:
>> Cabal file for haskell-swish declares a need for haskell-polyparse
>> older than 0.11 but we now have that version in unstable.
>>
>> Do I simply try relax (build-)dependencies and hope it doesn't
>> explode (as seemingly Clint silently did for 0.9.0.15-1), or are
>> there other options (short of hacking the code itself which I don't
>> feel comfortable doing)?
>
> I’m surprised that there is a problem,

I don't say it is an real problem, I only starred at the cabal file...

> in the package plan it seems
> that they are compatible:
>
> $ egrep swish\|polyparse packages.txt
> polyparse 1.11
> swish 0.9.1.3
>
> Note that the .cabal file specifies
>       polyparse >= 1.6 && <= 1.11,
> instead of the usual
>       polyparse >= 1.6 && < 1.11,
> (which might be a mistake by the upstream author).

...and looked wrongly at it (I remember now having done that before -
perhaps even with that prior 1.9.1 dependency by Clint).

Thanks for opening my eyes :-)

 - Jonas