Re: [Pkg-haskell-maintainers] Some help for haskell-doc

Dear Alexandre,

Am Freitag, den 10.04.2015, 20:42 +0200 schrieb Alexandre Delanoë:
> Dear Debian Haskell Maintainers,
> I have proposed
>
> retitle 772423 ITA: haskell-doc -- Assorted Haskell language documentation
> (because Ian Lynagh (igloo) is retired)
>
> haskell-doc has been split in haskell98-tutorial and haskell98-report
> already.
>  -> haskell98-report is maintained byt the Debian Haskell Group
>  -> haskell98-tutorial was maintained by igloo, so it is orphaned
>
> May be I could help for this tutorial or do you think it is useless ?
>
> Many thanks for your advice(s), I would be glad to help.
>
> PS: I am learning Haskell and thought it could be a good idea to begin
> with documentation.

thanks for looking into this. Indeed the haskell-doc packages could need
a bit of love.

I’m not sure about the value of having a tutorial packages as a package.
I’m not even sure about the value of having the report packaged – these
days, online resources are much more convenient than 20 years ago.

So my take on this would be to remove anything that would otherwise
require work.

On the other hand, if _you_ think these packages are worth having, and
willing to keep them in good shape and take care of them, that would be
great as well and you would be most welcome to do so.

Gruß,