Re: hardening-no-relro

Hi,
I did
-optl-Wl,-z,relro -optl-Wl,-z,now
Yours Dirk
On 2015-02-25 17:52, Dmitry Bogatov wrote:
* Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> [2015-02-25 16:48:37+0100]
Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 25.02.2015, 18:12 +0300 schrieb Dmitry Bogatov:
Every haskell package library I saw triggers this subj lintian
warning. I wrote patch for lintian, that filter out this warning for
haskell libraries, but I want to be sure, that there is actually no sane
fix.
I’m not sure if anyone actually investigated the issue, i.e. found out
what --no-relo actually does, and whether it has an effect on Haskell
packages. glasgow-haskell-users@haskell.org would be the place to
inquire about the latter.
--no-relo? What it is flag to? ghc rejects --no-relo.

I tries `ghc-pkg describe rts` and `ghc-pkg update`, but it does not
work in build environment. More ideas?
Sorry, I don’t follow. What is “it” here?
$ ghc-pkg describe rts | tee config.file
outputs file like this:

[... many-lines ...]
cc-options:
ld-options: "-Wl,-u,ghczmprim_GHCziTypes_Izh_static_info"
             [... many linker flags ...]
[... many lines ...]

$ dpkg-buildflags
[...]
LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro
[...]

So I added these (-Wl,-z,relro) flags into config.file and
loaded it back via

$ ghc-pkg update config.file

but lintian still complains.

--
Best regards, Dmitry Bogatov <KAction@gnu.org>,
Free Software supporter, esperantisto and netiquette guardian.