Re: Haskell debhelper build system

> >   * in many cases it provides almost identical binary packages
> >
> > Almost?
> >
> >   Yes. Unfortunately, dh_buildinfo will generate different
> >   `buildinfo_all.gz', so we will have different `md5sums' file
> >   and Installed-Size: field.
>
> Identical up to buildinfo_all.gz is perfect! Good job! I’m looking
> forward to this.
>
> >   If it would be possible. Many packages have overrides, that need to be
> >   ported.  Most of them are trivial, but still not trivial enough to be handled
> >   automatically.  So I propose to upload dh-haskell into sid and migrate
> >   one-by-one.
>
> I agree that dh-haskell can be uploaded to sid, so that everyone can
> easily play around with it?
>
> I’m not sure I buy the benefits one-by-one migration. Why not do all at
> once? Using "dht make-all", we can easily test building everything
> without having it uploaded to sid.

For every given package, if it is same up to buildinfo_all.gz, it can
break nothing.

On other side, attempt to migrate *everything* means I have to
understand all code in every package debian/rules and replace it with
debhelper one. And do it fast, since master is moving target.

--
Accept: text/plain, text/x-diff