Re: RE:propellor ITA RFS

Dear Picca, Dear Sean,

Am Samstag, den 19.12.2015, 08:50 +0000 schrieb PICCA Frederic-
Emmanuel:
> So I would like to see it uploaded into Debian.
>
> I have a concern with your packaging.
>
> I am wondering if switching to 3.0 (quilt) source format is a good Idea.
> Joey use the 1.0 format and I think that he knows what it does.
>
> Is it possile to revert this change.

I don’t think this is a serious worry. It is the choice of the
maintainer (Sean now) do lay out the package as he sees it fit. And
from my personal impression of Joey, I’d be very surprised if he would
mind. I suggest you go ahead as planned.

> Then I could upload the package.

Thanks!

> Now the propellor package is quite special because it embed a git repository which is created during the build process.
> So it sees to me that the full propellor git repository is requested in order to create the package.
> I o not know if this is possible with the current DHG git repository.

I’d also prefer if this package was maintained outside of the DHG
repository and group. We are good with packaging a lot of similar
simple packages with little individual care, but not with packaging
complex packages that need special care. The latter – and propellor is
one of them – are better taken care of by a single motivated
maintainer.

Of course, d-haskell is available to help you with Haskell-related
issues, but otherwise please treat it like any other package you’d
maintain.