Re: Packaging my first haskell package

Hi Andreas,

I'm not an haskell man, but haskell is in a "permanent transition" state.

Particularly, some days ago, ghc 7.10 reached unstable, and now a lot of packages needs
binNMU and source uploads (from experimental mainly), to make things settle down again.

this will take a lot of time (maybe weeks?), so I might suggest you to build from testing maybe, and check
from time to time if everything works in unstable too.
https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/haskell.html
and
https://people.debian.org/~nomeata/binNMUs-haskell.txt

might help in finding what is currently uninstallable.
(follow the list to understand why an easy experimental->unstable->testing transition is not possible, e.g. because of armel removal request
waiting for ftp-masters, and a lot of rebuilds that are currently failing).

I hope things will be better soon :)

cheers!

Gianfranco