Re: experimental does not like Haskell

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 26.08.2015, 10:48 +0200 schrieb Johannes Schauer:
> I indeed have a local patch to sbuild that allows the apt resolver to try
> aspcud in case it fails to satisfy dependencies (as it for example happens when
> one tries to use the apt resolver with experimental).

Great!

> I did not communicate this feature idea with the sbuild maintainers yet because
> I'm still waiting for a reply from them [1] on a more public sbuild git branch
> of mine which fixes 13 sbuild bugs [2]. Since I got no reply from them in the
> mailing list thread [1] I prepared a delayed NMU to experimental with my fixes
> but also got no replies about that [3] so that is now in experimental [4].
>
> Because of this lack of communication I gave up on sending sbuild patches

well, sbuild maintenance is an unsolved problem since Roger left
Debian, and there has been discussions about that at DebConf. Too bad
you could not come :-(

I’m not sure who in the end decided to take over maintenance of sbuild,
but I’m sure they will be happy about your patches.

> This is
> only a proof of concept as it contains no documentation or command line
> switches yet to enable or disable this feature. But as far as I can see it
> seems to work fine at least for me so far.
>
> Though maybe I should file a sbuild bug about this anyways so that this idea
> doesn't get lost.

Yes, that would be great!

@buildd-admins: What would it take to have this patch deployed on (at
least) the experimental build daemons?

> On a related note to your original message: When running dose-builddebcheck
> locally, I cannot confirm that there is a solution to install the build
> dependencies for pandoc in experimental. Specifically the problem is this [7].

This is due to the upgrade of cryptonite, there are a few binNMUs
pending. It might have been buildable before.