From:"Dmitry Bogatov" <KAction@gnu.org>
Date:Wed, 27 May, 2015 at 7:25
Subject:Re: [Pkg-haskell-commits] darcs: gitit: Use system JS

* Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> [2015-05-26 23:21:26+0200]
> Hi,
>
> Am Dienstag, den 26.05.2015, 21:03 +0000 schrieb KAction@gnu.org:
> > +  * Prefer jquery libraries from Debian packages over
> > +    bundled code.
> > +  * Simplify debian/copyright -- no licenses for JS code
>
> it would be nice if it is that simple, but unfortunately,
> debian/copyright will still have to contain the licenses of the JS files
> if they are in the orig-tarball, even when they are not used.
>
> You could repack the tarball and remove them altogether. You can use the
> Files-Excluded feature of debian/copyright to specify which files are to
> be removed, and uscan (via mk-origtargz) will do that for your. This is
> also the right approach if the file are not accompaniment with their
> corresponding source.

Yes, I know it is only part of work. Problem is that uscan refuses to
it's work. As soon I specify Files-Excluded: field, I receive following
error:

    tar: Skipping to next header
    tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
    mk-origtargz: error: tar --list --auto-compress --file
    ../gitit_0.10.6.3.orig.tar.gz gave error exit status 2
    uscan: error: mk-origtargz --package gitit --version 0.10.6.3
    --compression gzip --directory .. --copyright-file debian/copyright
    ../gitit-0.10.6.3.tar.gz gave error exit status 2

Did you ever encountered this? I failed to find example package, that
uses this uscan feature.

--
Best regards, Dmitry Bogatov <KAction@gnu.org>,
Free Software supporter, esperantisto and netiquette guardian.