Re: llvm-3.4 is not the default llvm-dev

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 30.04.2015, 16:52 +0000 schrieb Gianfranco
Costamagna:
> Since we are in the early Stretch release, I propose to change
> -  llvm-3.4 [armel armhf],
> +  llvm-3.4 [arm64 armel armhf],into llvm-3.5, since it is the default on unstable/testing right now
>

> (or maybe even llvm-3.6, I guess it will be uploaded shortly on unstable).
>
> I got many build failures on arm due to this incongruence (and a bad cmake file)
>
> e.g. https://github.com/hedgewars/hw/commit/9172884139fe533dddf4be7f1e67934bebf24e5e
>
> "You are using a new version of LLVM that hasn't been tested yet!
>
> We will try though"
>
> (don't know if something like llvm-dev is too dangerous)

we should fix the LLVM release according to what version GHC works with.
According to
http://smart-cactus.org/~ben/posts/2014-11-28-state-of-llvm-backend.html
we need llvm-3.4 for ghc-7.8, so the above is right.

If you still get the warning, then our patches try to use the right
runtime did not work as intended. I guess they are only applied on arm,
and on other architectures, you’ll have to tell GHC explicitly to use
the right LLVM binaries.