Re: hardening-no-relro

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 26.02.2015, 10:30 +0300 schrieb Dmitry Bogatov:
> * Dirk Hünniger <dirk.hunniger@googlemail.com> [2015-02-26 07:15:06+0100]
> > Hi,
> > I put it into the cabal file under compiler options
> > [..useful link..]
>
> Thank you. I will take a look how can we apply this knowledge.

it seems that the ganeti packaging has been passing
        -optl -Wl,-z,relro -optl -Wl,--as-needed
since over a year:
http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-ganeti/ganeti.git/commit/?id=e9052ff302dde17127866cca631c7da9d8573610
Hopefully this means that it is safe :-)

Note that usually, this flag is not added explicitly in the packaging,
but rather introduced by using the values from "dpkg-buildflags". We
could try to do the same in haskell-devscripts.