Re: New Package Uploads

Hey,

On Sun, Feb 08 2015, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Am Samstag, den 07.02.2015, 10:47 -0600 schrieb Christopher Reichert:
>> I have a few pending packages I would like to get wrapped up:
>
> thanks for keeping tabs!
>

>> - bencode
>>
>> This was put in the NEW queue on Jan 5 but rejected because of:
>>
>> ```
>> ProgrammingError: (ProgrammingError) can't adapt type 'Component'
>> 'SELECT component.id AS component_id, component.name AS component_name,
>> component.description AS component_description, component.meets_dfsg AS
>> component_meets_dfsg, component.created AS component_created,
>> component.modified AS component_modified, component.ordering AS
>> component_ordering \nFROM component \nWHERE component.name = %(name_1)s
>> \n LIMIT %(param_1)s' {'name_1': omponent main>, 'param_1': 1}
>> ```
>>
>> Otherwise, I think all other issues have been taken care of. Should i
>> create a new changelog entry for another upload?
>
> No need, I’ll just re-upload the current packaging.

I appreciate that!

>> - torrent
>>
>> already OK'd by FTP but pending bencode.
>
> so where is it? I don’t see it in the NEW queue, but also not on
> https://packages.qa.debian.org/h/haskell-torrent.html

haskell-torrent needs to be reuploaded.  The last time it was REJECTED
was because of it's dependency on bencode (bencode was not ACCEPTED at
the time). It should be good to go now.

>> - network-uri (new package)
>
> I believe that we have no need for network-uri with our current version
> of network: network-uri is empty for network < 2.6. If there are any
> packages that do not work with network-uri alone we might patch them.
>
> Alternatively, maybe we should simply upgrade to network-2.6. In that
> case, you can try to see if we get a working package plan with that
> versiok   n. Base it on the ghc-7.8 branch (which represents experimental).
> If the plan is good, simply push to that branch; if there are larger
> obstacles maybe create a new branch network-2.6.

Ah, that clears things up a bit. I'll look into doing this soon and
attempt to upgrade network-2.6 the way you describe.

>> If the freeze is still ongoing, I am not in a hurry. Otherwise, it would
>> be nice to get these up.
>
> As all this affects experimental, the freeze is not an excuse. It’s just
> that sometimes (maybe often) when things get stuck, nobody notices but
> you. So you do the right thing by simply reminding use that we need to
> act.

Great, it's certainly not my intention to annoy anyone. I am still
learning the way things work and trying to be helpful as possible

Thanks!

--
Christopher Reichert
irc: creichert