Re: libghc-cabal-dev provided by GHC

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 03.10.2014, 19:57 +0200 schrieb Sven Bartscher:
> A while ago the cabal library was packaged separately from GHC, but
> since I didn't follow the discussion very closely, I don't know the
> details of the process.
>
> As it's now, we have two version of the cabal library in the
> repository. (The libghc-cabal-dev one and the GHC  one).
>
> Most of the time it's not that much of a problem, but sometimes it
> gets really annoying (i.e. incompatibilities between cabal-install and
> Setup.hs that imports functions compiled against the GHC version...) .
>
> Is cabal going to be removed from GHC, or are there any big problems
> coming with that?

we haven’t fully explored all possibilities and problems yet. I suggest
to use cabal as shipped by GHC as long as possible, and only depend on
libghc-cabal-dev if explicitly required as a dependency (cabal-install
being the prime motivation).

Why exactly is your proposed changes to hgettext required?