Re: hardening-no-relro

Quoting Dirk Hünniger (2014-08-31 10:55:22)
> I get the hardening no relro warning.
> https://lintian.debian.org/tags/hardening-no-relro.html
> I think I just forget to set some compiler flags, but I don't know which
> ones. And somehow these flag don't seem to be needed on ubuntu. So
> possibly you could make the default somehow.

The command dpkg-buildflags lists the various flags (notice relro is in
LDFLAGS, not CFLAGS):

jonas@bastian:~$ dpkg-buildflags
CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security
CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
CXXFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security
FCFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector-strong
FFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector-strong
GCJFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector-strong
LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro
OBJCFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security
OBJCXXFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security

Ubuntu dictates centrally far more than Debian (I believe that was one
of the original ideas with the distro by Mark Shuttleworth) and
concretely hardcodes more aggressively such flags.

 - Jonas