Re: [Pkg-haskell-commits] darcs: haskell-devscripts: ghc-version-substvar

On Thu, 29 May 2014 00:45:49 +0200
Sven Bartscher <sven.bartscher@weltraumschlangen.de> wrote:
> On Thu, 29 May 2014 00:13:55 +0200
> Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:> > Is that the best solution? I was expecting a substvar that resolves to
> > something like
> >  ghc (>= 7.6.3), ghc (<< 7.6.3+)
> > or something else that you can use in the "Depends" line in
> > debian/control directly.
> >
> > Also it might be unreliable to use ghc --numeric-version in the presence
> > of GHC snapshots, preleases and what not. I suggest to use the upstream
> > version of the actual Debian package here.
>
> I will have a look at it tomorrow. Don't wonder about the recent
> uploaded patches. I didn't see your mail while working. I will (once
> again) set the changelog back to UNRELEASED, until I looked at this.

I now changed the substvar to be more robust and use the upstream
version of the package. Please have a special look at the
mini-shell-script I use for extracting the upstream-part of the GHC
version, since I'm not sure if it works for all cases, though it worked
for all I tested.

Regards and thanks for your patience
Sven