Re: copyright file

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 09.05.2014, 17:08 +0200 schrieb Sven Bartscher:
> I was working on packaging hgettext recently and I'm feeling really
> unsure about my copyright file.
> I would feel a lot better if someone could review it before I mark the
> package as ready for upload.
>
> The package can be seen in the darcs repository.

Thanks for asking. It is highly unusual to choose a different license
for the files in debian/ than for the package itself, and only makes
things unnecessarily complicated.

What’s wrong with taking the copyright file from the template-debian/
directory and just replacing the bits? I.e. replace "foo" by "hgettext",
past the license instead of "This is the text of the foo license." and
insert copyright years and names as reqiured. This is what I always do.

(If you agree, please also change the copyright file in setlocale
accordingly.)

(who does not think that the content of our debian/ directories is
copyrightable at all)