Re: Patches for armhf and armel (ghc 7.8* series)?

Dear Gianfranco,

Am Dienstag, den 06.05.2014, 14:38 +0100 schrieb Gianfranco Costamagna:
> I remember a while ago in some discussion you pointed out that without
> people working on arm* platforms the next upload on unstable will
> likely drop arm support because of build failures...
>
> I tried to google a little bit, and *seems* that we can have two
> patches (one from Colin), that *might* bring arm back to experimental
> and ghc 7.8.
>
> I don't know why they haven't been merged (the patch from colin has
> been included into 7.8.20140411-1 but according to buildd [1] it never
> got a chance to build yet).
>
> The other patch should fix armel and upstream seems to have a
> milestone for the fix [2], 7.8.3 version
>
> Do you think is worth an upload and a try?
> Would be nice to have arm still supported on debian and derivates
>
> [1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/logs.php?pkg=ghc&arch=armhf
> [2] https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/8976

I mostly lack overview of the various issues and tickets, but I’m happy
to apply any relevant patches. Would you be willing to take care of
that, i.e. figure out what exactly to do? I’ll then apply any patches
you want me to apply :-)