Re: Packages ready for upload

Hi,

thanks!

Am Donnerstag, den 01.05.2014, 09:08 +0200 schrieb
sven.bartscher@weltraumschlangen.de:
> I hereby just want to note that the packages haskell-hsmagick (fixed
> an RC bug)

Thanks.

BTW, that package yields a

E: libghc-hsmagick-dev: description-synopsis-is-duplicated
E: Lintian run failed (policy violation)

It’s not your fault, but did you see that when you built the package?
Generally you are free to improve the packaging in other aspects as
well.

>  and haskell-setlocale (initial upload) are ready for upload.

That packaging looks slightly different than our template at
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-haskell/tools.git;a=tree;f=template-debian;h=9dbb378b7419e100170797704fe223da213c8d55;hb=HEAD

For example, I don’t see a build dependency on ghc-doc. Also, you are
repeating the description. The example control file has them once, in
the Source stanza. Finally the VCS headers are missing.

The watch file is insufficient to fetch old versions of the package.
Again, please see the template for how watch files should look like
these days.

Would you mind comparing your packaging with the template directory and
make sure that all differences are intentional?

(I marked the package as UNRELEASED so that you can change that back to
signal that everything is in order now. Don’t forget to pull!)

Also, if you change the UNRELEASED to unstable in a separate patch it is
easier for us to stop this „please upload now“ on the
pkg-haskell-commits mailing list. (BTW, are you subscribed to
pkg-haskell-maintainers and pkg-haskell-commits?)