Re: left to do/fix: mail, cabal not found, irc notifications and testing on more distros?

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 15.04.2014, 11:52 +0200 schrieb Holger Levsen:
> > > [17:36] <      h01ger> | https://jenkins.debian.net/job/haskell-
> > > packages_sid/2/console says "cabal: not found"
> > > [17:36] < Laney> Sounds alright to me
> > > [17:37] < Laney> that's in `cabal-install'
> > > [17:37] <      h01ger> | cabal-install is installed, see that url
> > No idea about this, cabal-install definitely contains "/usr/bin/cabal".
>
> please check the log, reproduce it locally, find the cause, send me a fix! :-)
>
> (and if the fix is to call /usr/bin/cabal instead of cabal...)

The problem seems to be that
      - shell: '/srv/jenkins/bin/chroot-run.sh {my_distro} {my_shell}'
does not escape my_shell.

Can you pull and retry?

BTW, are you intentionally rebasing the patches from my branch, instead
of just merging it?

> > I assume that once we use git (next few weeks is realistic), we can have
> > it triggered by pushes?
>
> sure. so let's remove the weekly trigger then?

Well, it’s state can also change due to uploads to unstable, so actually
running it after dinstall runs would be optimal? Otherwise maybe
daily...?

PS (curiosity): It seems that it bootstraps the chroot on every run,
which seems to be excessive. Is there a reason why you don’t run these
jobs in a already bootstrapped chroot, using some kind of overlay fs?
I’d expect that to be much faster.