Re: My workflow – a log (Was: Switch to git after all?)

Hello,

On Sun, Apr 06, 2014 at 11:32:31AM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Took me longer than anticipated, but packaging a new package is a bit
> more work, and I had to do a few round trips to get the
> gtk2hs-buildtools story right.

Thanks for such a detailed workflow! If it wasn't about to change, it
should definitely go to the wiki.

I've no experience mass-maintaining packages, so I can't issue a strong
opinion on the topic. Personally I like git more than darcs.

On Barcelona's mini-debconf Margarita introduced Arriero[0], which combines
git-buildpackage with maintaining many packages. I've no experience with
it, but I think it's worth trying it.

[0] http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2014/mini-debconf-barcelona/Arriero_-_A_tool_to_help_you_manage_many_packages_in_less_time_by_Margarita_Manterola.webm

Cheers,
--