Re: Package Review: network-conduit-tls

Hi,

no need to CC me directly, I read the list.

Am Samstag, den 22.11.2014, 22:14 -0600 schrieb Christopher Reichert:
> It seems there is an error. I noticed when trying to install the hook
> and when pushing to the repo.
>
> ```
> $ ssh darcs.debian.org /home/groups/pkg-haskell/tools/add-hooks.sh haskell-network-conduit-tls
> Notification failed: 404 Not Found
> <title>404 Not Found</title>
> </head><body>
> <h1>Not Found</h1>
> <hr>
> <address>Apache Server at pet.43-1.org Port 80</address>
> ```
>
> Maybe I messed this up when I created it somehow?

nope, known problem without bad consequences that noone bothered to look
into yet.

> >> - When I enable the DEB_ENABLE_TESTS in rules, I am missing the HUnit
> >>   dependency. I checked a few other packages but couldn't seem to find
> >>   any that depend on testing libraries directly. How should this be
> >>   handled?
> >
> > Then you didn’t check the right packages :-)
> >
> > Just add the required build dependencies (-dev only, no -prof or -doc).
> >

> Ah, indeed. I added the -dev package.
>
> However, it seems that all of the tests in network-conduit-tls rely on a
> network connection. Is this discouraged? I noticed some packages
> (e.g. http-client) have patches which remove tests which rely on network
> connections.

Local network should be fine, other access probably not. You can leave
it and see if it works on the buildds.

> >>  The network-conduit-tls package does not seem to cause any
> >>  conflicts in the package plan.
> >
> > Great. Although the upstream author does not use upper bounds in the
> > cabal file, which makes the package-plan a bit less precise.
> >

> Good point, is there anything I can or should do about this?

Nope.

> > The packaging looks good. Once you tag it for release I can upload it.
>
> TAG: 1.1.0.2-1

Sorry, I was unclear: „Tag for release“ means set the distribution to
"unstable" or "experimental". The tag is set by whoever uploads it. See
https://wiki.debian.org/Haskell/CollabMaint/Processes.

Uploading nevertheless.