Re: [Pkg-haskell-commits] darcs: haskell-monad-journal: Initial Check-In

From: Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org>
Subject: Re: [Pkg-haskell-commits] darcs: haskell-monad-journal: Initial Check-In
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 22:45:48 +0100

These are missing the upper bounds in the build dependencies. A Cabal
dependency of "== 0.3.*" turns into

  , libghc-transformers-dev (>= 0.3)
  , libghc-transformers-dev (<< 0.4)

done

I'm wondering though, why do the dependencies need version bounds at
all doesn't the package plan take care of that?

+Files: debian/*
+Copyright: 2014 Daniel Gröber <dxld@darkboxed.org>
+License: GPL-3.0+

There is no point in licensing the (mostly trivial) contents of debian/ any different than the software you are packaging. (I believe there is
no point in licensing it at all, but heh...)

I just copied that from one of my other packages ;) I'd make it public
domain but that's not possible in my country.

I suggest to use this low-maintenance text for packages:

Files: debian/*
Copyright: held by the contributors mentioned in debian/changelog
License: <pkgname> license

done

(I assume the garbled umlauts are a problem of the mail hook, and the
files are proper UTF-8.)

You bet'cha, unless darcs messed with them.

I also pushed the ghc-mod packaging for your perusal.

--Daniel