libghc-cabal-dev provided by GHC

Greetings,

A while ago the cabal library was packaged separately from GHC, but
since I didn't follow the discussion very closely, I don't know the
details of the process.

As it's now, we have two version of the cabal library in the
repository. (The libghc-cabal-dev one and the GHC  one).

Most of the time it's not that much of a problem, but sometimes it
gets really annoying (i.e. incompatibilities between cabal-install and
Setup.hs that imports functions compiled against the GHC version...) .

Is cabal going to be removed from GHC, or are there any big problems
coming with that?

Regards
Sven