Re: Packages becoming uninstallable in jessie?

On Fri, 22 Aug 2014 07:28:12 -0700
Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we all know that Haskell packages tend to become uninstallable in
> unstable, but until now I thought that britney will ensure that
> installable packages in testing stay installable.
>
> We have a jenkins job ensuring this (simply by trying to install all
> haskell packages), but today it started failing, for the first time:
> https://jenkins.debian.net/job/chroot-installation_jessie_install_haskell/
>
> + apt-get -y install 'haskell-platform.*' 'libghc-.*'
> Reading package lists...
> Building dependency tree...
> or been moved out of Incoming.

>  libghc-agda-dev : Depends: libghc-quickcheck-dev-2.7.6-1a837 but it is not installable
>                    Depends: libghc-haskell-src-exts-dev-1.14.0.1-597ed but it is not installable
>                    Depends: libghc-parallel-dev-3.2.0.4-6b28f but it is not installable
>                    Depends: libghc-unordered-containers-dev-0.2.5.0-11c50 but it is not installable
>  libghc-leksah-server-dev : Depends: libghc-network-dev-2.4.1.2-040ce but it is not installable
>  libghc-mueval-dev : Depends: libghc-hint-dev-0.3.3.6-93d38 but it is not installable
>  libghc-mueval-prof : Depends: libghc-hint-prof-0.3.3.6-93d38 but it is not installable
>
> Any idea how this might have happened? Maybe autoremovals? But I don’t
> see an autoremoval of, say, hint.
>
> (Or maybe there is a hickup on jenkings.d.n, we’ll know tomorrow.)

That's actually pretty strange. I tried to install the packages in
question on one of my machines (jessie amd64) and apt didn't have any
problems with the dependencies.
Even more strange: Judging from the dependencies for libghc-agda-dev,
jenkins tries to install the sid version. For example: libghc-agda-dev
in testing depends libghc-quickcheck-2.6 whereas
libghc-quickcheck-2.7.6 (which jenkins tries to install) isn't even in
testing.

To me it seems that jenkins is messing around with sid and jessie.
Jenkins seems to use a http proxy, maybe some of the Release files have
been thrown around and the proxy passes the sid Release files, while
actually jessie was requested. But that's just a wild theory.

So all in all, jenkins seems to have some serious problems right now.

Regards
Sven