Re: hgettext not migrating without reason.

On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 16:03:56 +0200
Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Am Montag, den 18.08.2014, 15:18 +0200 schrieb Sven Bartscher:
> > > it would be great if it would throw away "out of date" problems (or at
> > > least annotate them) if the package is in state "BD-Uninstallable", as
> > > it usually means that some dependency did not build.
> >
> > That's right. Do you know if it's possible to query the status of a
> > package in plaintext from the buildds?
> > The only idea how to get the status of the package is to parse the
> > HTML, which is a lot harder than parsing plaintext.
>
> not sure how official that is, but there exists
> https://buildd.debian.org/stats/amd64-dump.txt.gz
> (and similar for the other arches).

Can you unpack them? When I try to unpack them they still look pretty
much binary. However, when using ark to see their preview, they look
fine.

> It seems it is also exported to the UDD (see e.g.
> http://udd.debian.org/cgi-bin/buildd.cgi), but I’m not sure if it is
> possibly to query the UDD easily. According to
> https://wiki.debian.org/UltimateDebianDatabase you’d first have to SSH
> into alioth.debian.org.

That's pity. The easiest would be to query the state directly from the
database. And downloading the whole dump just for a few buildd statuses
is a bit much.

Regards
Sven