packaging xcffib

Hi all,

I'm interested in packaging a library I wrote (xcffib) for Debian. The
library itself is actually a python library, but it is generated from
xcb-proto via a haskell program. That haskell program depends on
(among other things) haskell's language-python and xcb-types, neither
of which happen to be in the debian repos at this moment.

I assume that I can't have a debian rules file which grabs things off
of hackage, which means I need to package both of these for my binary
to be buildable. I noticed on the ML a while ago that someone
mentioned they might be willing to package language-python; has anyone
looked into it? Or, is anyone willing to help someone totally new to
debian packaging do the packaging for it?

Thanks,

Tycho