Re: Hoogle packaging - a few questions

Hi Iustin,

Am Montag, den 21.07.2014, 18:06 +0200 schrieb Iustin Pop:
> 1. Why are we shipping jquery sources as part of the debian patch? Can't
> we simply +dsfg or similar the source archive if the minified jquery is
> not good, and depend on libjs-jquery?

The minified query is good, it was just lacking source. But using
libjs-jquery would also work, if you want to go through the trouble.

> 2. bugs.debian.org/752941 is a serious bug against hoogle, but I can't
> reproduce it; is it fine if I just 'notfound 752941
> my_to_upload_version'?

Also close it with a mail to 752941-done@; I don’t think notfound is
enough to make for example britney think the bug is closed

> 3. Only lambdabot seems to depend on hoogle; is it fine if I just go
> ahead and make an upload (won't break any transitions or such)?

Yes, please do.

> 4. The package ships /etc/apache2/conf.d/hoogle, but that's not a reason
> to recommend apache2 as opposed to 'apache2 | http-server' (per the
> lintian recommendation), right?

Probably. Generally the hoogle package is not in its best shape, so
whatever you stumble about is likely improved by what you want to do.

Thanks a lot for looking into it,