Re: Four packages missing from ghc-doc Provides line, 7.8.20140710-1

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 8:42 AM, David Fox <ddssff@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 7:00 AM, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:
Hi,

Am Freitag, den 11.07.2014, 06:03 -0700 schrieb David Fox:
> I believe that these packages should be in the Provides line for the
> ghc-doc package:
>

> libghc-binary-doc
> libghc-haskeline-doc
> libghc-terminfo-doc
> libghc-xhtml-doc
>

> ghc-doc contains a .haddock file for each of them.

I wonder if we shouldn’t rather not ship these libraries with GHC, and
instead package them separately. That way, we can update them
independently.

It seems to me (other than binary) those libraries are not actually provided by the ghc package, the .haddock files just snuck into the ghc-doc package.

Ignore that, I was looking at an old build of ghc.