Re: [Haskell-cafe] Taking over setlocale

On 7/9/14, 5:56 PM, Carter Schonwald wrote:
a) thats not how taking over maintainer ship works

taking over a package without the maintainers permission requires the maintainer being unreachable  for 6-12 months (or longer)

The guideline there is "a reasonable time". That is much closer to 1 month than 6-12 months. I think one week is a bit short, but overall sven seems to be following the process well, and given the last update date on that package, we should still give a reasonable time to respond, but I would err on the side of brevity if anything.

--Gershom