Re: GHC and GMP via FFI don't play well together (#751886)

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 03.07.2014, 10:42 +0300 schrieb Apollon Oikonomopoulos:
> > But in any case I don’t see this being fixed on the GHC side until 7.10
> > (at the earliest, if people help with Erik’s effort and this makes it
> > into the compiler). Maybe we should consider your first option (linking
> > tls against OpenSSL), after a license analysis of the packages we
> > include in Debian. Would you see if that compiles and works for you? And
> > what about libcurl4-nss-dev?
>
> Linking haskell-curl against the OpenSSL variant of cURL works and SSL
> is stable again. Unfortunately, the NSS variant does not work, it fails
> to load the CA certificate from a cert + key PEM file, and I can assume
> this will not be the only issue. Note that in main only 6 packages are
> linked against the NSS variant of libcurl, as opposed to 63 using
> OpenSSL and 293 using GnuTLS.
>
> I would really like to see two variants for libghc-curl-dev (OpenSSL +
> GnuTLS), but libcurl's packaging makes this difficult; we would either
> have to use two identical source packages with different B-Ds, or
> "manually" alter the linker path and provide the libcurl.so symlinks
> during build (which is an ugly hack of course).

what’s the point in having a GnuTLS variant if it does not work
properly?

According to

$ cat /var/lib/apt/lists/http.debian.net_debian_dists_sid_main_source_Sources |grep-dctrl -F Build-Depends libghc-curl-dev -s Package

only
        Package: ganeti
        Package: haskell-download-curl
        Package: haskell-hxt-curl
        Package: haskell-scrobble
        Package: hoauth
are affected. Of these, all but ganeti are BSD licensed, so there should
be no problem using gnutls-openssl here.

This leaves ganeti. Which I guess is too important to just leave behind
when switching to gnutls-openssl. (CC’ing the ganeti maintainers, just
to make sure they are aware of this problem.)

Sorry, but I feel stuck here.