Re: GHC and GMP via FFI don't play well together (#751886)

Joachim Breitner wrote:

> unfortunately, I don’t see a good way out either. I believe someone was
> recently working on a fast implementation of Integer in pure Haskell,
> but I’d be very wary to to diverge from upstream GHC in such central
> matters:
> http://www.mega-nerd.com/erikd/Blog/CodeHacking/Haskell/integer_pt1.html
>
> Erik, what is the status of this project?

There's a LLLOOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG way to go before this is ready for
production :-). If 7.10 is scheduled for release towards the end
of this year there is little chance my big integer library will
be ready for inclusion by then.

Cheers,
Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo