Re: lens build failures

A better fix might be to push down the no-TH machinery to the reflection package and add back the dependency.

The core of reflection should work fine without TH. It is just the splices for `int`, `nat` and the liftings of numeric instances that let you write `$(5)` to splice a type Nat that need to be disabled.

Also, it might be worth considering if thereis a problem with building the actual template-haskell library on stage1 or merely with using the LANGUAGE pragma for TemplateHaskell on stage1.

If it is just the latter I'd say you might consider including template-haskell, but hunting for the uses of the TemplateHaskell pragma instead.

That would excise a lot less tissue from the libraries. (e.g. reflection could run unmodified).

As an aside,

At least fix-doctest-float-implementations.diff isn't needed any more. We merged something like it a while ago.

-Edward

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 3:04 PM, Raúl Benencia <rul@kalgan.cc> wrote:
Hello,

On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 12:25:28PM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> The first one is where we disable TH-related features, so that it can be
> built on non-TH architectures. Judging from the build failures you
> mention, this patch is not up-to-date any more

Sorry for not shedding light into this issue sooner. Actually, the patch is
updated to work with the uploaded version of lens. Last week, after
releasing the package into Debian I've realized the issue with Reflection
and made an additional patch[0] that handles this problem.

[0] http://anonscm.debian.org/cgi-bin/darcsweb.cgi?r=pkg-haskell/haskell-lens;a=headblob;f=/patches/disable-reflection.patch

I didn't want to release the version 2 of the package because a test is
failing on some[1] architectures due to rounding issues. Can anyone suggest
a clean way, other than disabling the test, to fix this problem?

[1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=haskell-lens

Cheers,
--
Raúl Benencia