Re: ghc will ever reach testing?

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 16.07.2013, 09:35 +0100 schrieb Gianfranco Costamagna:
> I already read before asking this bug and message...
>
> Quoting from the bug
> "sometimes hangs at child process exit on s390x"
>
> So why not just issue rebuilds until it succeedes?
> I know this isn't perfect, but at least will let it go in by Britney and leaving upstream developers enough time to fix it (properly)
> (it has been tried 3 times, maybe on different machines it will succeede)

I tried that a few days ago (build 3), but from how I understood Colin
the problem is likely not to go away.

The failure happens at almost the same time every time, so I have little
hope that it will work just to just keep trying. And given that it
blocks the buildd for several hours, this is not really an option.

It might be worth checking if disabling parallelism and passing "+RTS
-V0" to GHC would help. Are you interested in helping out here? Maybe we
can give you access to the porter box for that.