Re: haskell-src-exts: releasing package haskell-src-exts version 1.14.0-1

Hello,

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 09:46:34AM +0100, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Dear Raúl,
>
> your upload
>
> Am Montag, den 28.10.2013, 20:06 +0000 schrieb Raúl Benencia:
> > Mon Oct 28 20:03:20 UTC 2013  Ra[_<U+00FA>_]l Benencia <rul@kalgan.cc>
> >   * releasing package haskell-src-exts version 1.14.0-1
>
> broke agda, haskell-hsx, haskell-hsx2hs and
> haskell-test-framework-th-prime, see http://buildd.debian.org/ for the
> build logs.
>
> Of these, the agda breakage was predictable
> (it has a build-depends on < 1.14), the others unfortunately do not have
> that. But at least the agda breakage should have been avoided. This now
> moves putting the Haskell stuff into testing again further away.

Ups, sorry about that. In spite of checking, I guess I didn't check well
enough.

> Please check your version upgrades using the all-packages tool before
> bumping versions (and I should have checked that you had checked that;
> guess I need to be more critical).

I think we should have some documentation about what the tools in the repo
do. It will totally help newcomers to not break things this way. When I
figure out what all-packages do, I'll try to write some documentation about
it.

I also think that not all the tools in the repo are currently useful, as
when reading the code of some of them I've found out that they use
ghc6. Maybe we should clean them, or put them in an old-stuff/ directory.

> Can you take care of the now open issues, i.e. check if the broken
> packages have working new upstream releases? And also ensure that
> packages.txt is up-to-date.

Yes, of course. I'll try to do it today.

Cheers.