Re: [Pkg-haskell-commits] darcs: taffybar: Fixed hadrening-no-relro lintian Warning

Le 19. 07. 13 22:58, Joachim Breitner a écrit :
Hi Louis,

Am Freitag, den 19.07.2013, 19:56 +0000 schrieb Louis Bettens:
Fri Jul 19 19:56:04 UTC 2013  Louis Bettens<louis@bettens.info>
   * Fixed hadrening-no-relro lintian Warning

+DEB_SETUP_GHC_CONFIGURE_ARGS :=  --ghc-options='-optl "-z relro"'

thanks for tackling this; it is long on my todo list to see what these
flags do and whether it is compatible with the GHC runtime. Do you have
some insight here or were you just enabling them on good luck?

In any case, the Debian Haskell Group can only work well if we keep our
packages homogenous. So in almost all cases you should never have make
some change to a specific package unless it is specific to that
particular program or library.

In this case, either the flags work well and make sense, then the flag
should be set in haskell-devscripts. Or they don’t work as intended, in
which case we do nothing.

PS: This is of course not a critique of you or your work! I’m just
commenting as you go so that soon you have learned all the unwritten
things to know.

You're welcome. I thought that, since the documentation on the warning mentioned LDFLAGS, there was an invokation of ld on the executable at some point and that I could act on it. I tried cabal --ld-opts, however, cabal invokes ghc, which then invokes ld, so I had to manipulate a bit the options. (And I was still mistaken on this one, -optl doesn't split its argument at spaces and ld rejects it. There's yet another patch coming.) I had thought before of trying to modify /usr/share/cdbs/1/class/hlibrary.mk but I didn't know what to do. I completely understand since the beginning that we aim to change this at a general level. Let's give that fix a try and we'll see soon.

I would gladly work on hlibrary.mk when it's time.