Re: Better Haskell-cross-distro collaboration

Hi,

small update:

Am Montag, den 24.06.2013, 14:31 +0200 schrieb Joachim Breitner:
> For the file format, the smallest increment from what we have now would
> be to leave packages.txt as simple as it is and change patches to this
> format:
> and a text file
> .../patches/<pkg>/<version>/series
> which lists <pathname>’s per line. This has the advantages that if
> different distros want a different selection of patches, only the series
> file needs to differ. Furthermore this format happens to coincide with
> the patch management tool "quilt". The patches may carry meta-data, see
> http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep3/ for a useful specification. Especially
> the "Forwarded" field will be useful, as we don’t want to bug the author
> three times for each bug :-)

this is now implemented:
http://anonscm.debian.org/darcs/pkg-haskell/tools/all-packages/patches
has the complete patches against the cabal directory.

I guess the next step would be to make first use of this data, e.g. in
the form of a continuous integration job on Hydra, as dangled by Peter.

On the Debian side I guess we could need some tool support that helps us
to keep the patches in the source packages and the patches in
all-packages directory in sync.