Re: Packaging a Haskell Program

On 06/05/2013 05:14 PM, Clint Adams wrote:
Hi Dirk, I suggest expanding the long description to specify why someone might want to use this instead of Pandoc. Also note some of the lintian warnings at http://mentors.debian.net/package/mediawiki2latex

One Point is that pandoc does not download images. It also does not do the necessary format conversion so that the images can actually be included in latex. For expample svg images have to be converted to png , pdf or the like.

Two other points found here are:

http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/pandoc/1.11.1/doc/html/src/Text-Pandoc-Readers-MediaWiki.html
Pandoc does not handle templates
Pandoc does not handle nested templates

I am not sure if you really want me to add that to the extended description. But I will neverthess do if you require.

The problem with the linthian warnings is that lintian does not give out these on my system. But I will nevertheless resolve them. Although this will requirere several uploades. Since this is the only way I can see them.

What about the UNRELEASED in the distribution field?
Yours Dirk