Re: pandoc and xmonad

I'm cc'ing the xmonad maintainer, as these changes will
presumably be needed upstream as well.

+++ Jonas Smedegaard [Feb 17 13 15:48 ]:
> > The manpage generation code in xmonad is incompatible with pandoc
> > 0.10:
> >
> > ghc util/GenerateManpage.hs
> > [1 of 1] Compiling Main             ( util/GenerateManpage.hs, util/GenerateManpage.o )
> >
> > util/GenerateManpage.hs:71:21: Not in scope: `defaultWriterOptions'
> >
> > util/GenerateManpage.hs:73:28: Not in scope: `defaultParserState'
> >
> > util/GenerateManpage.hs:73:49:
> >     `stateLiterateHaskell' is not a (visible) constructor field name
> > make: *** [build/xmonad] Error 1
> > https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=xmonad&arch=amd64&ver=0.11-1%2Bb1&stamp=1361105344
> >

> > Since you know the pandoc API better than us, would you care to come
> > up with a patch?
>
> Actually I am not fluent in the inner workings of Pandoc.
>
> @John - can you help here?

Yes, this should do it (untested):

line 29
+ import qualified Data.Set as Set

line 71
- writeOpts = defaultWriterOptions
+ writeOpts = def

line 73
- parsed <- readMarkdown defaultParserState { stateLiterateHaskell = True }
+ parsed <- readMarkdown def { readerExtensions = Set.insert Ext_literate_haskell pandocExtensions }