Re: Cabal-dev

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 14.02.2013, 14:06 +0000 schrieb Daniel Silverstone:
> I was slightly surprised to see that the cabal-dev RFP:
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=642288 is still open.
>
> I am starting to think it might be something I could get my teeth into as a
> starter project for learning to package Haskell stuff for Debian.
>
> If I were to do so, what would be the recommended reading for me to get a grip
> on things?

cabal-dev is not the typical package as it is a program, and not a
library. Plus it does not work with Cabal as shipped with GHC 7.6, so
you’d first have to nag upstream to fix that. Then it is definitely a
useful tool.

Reading what’s on http://wiki.debian.org/Haskell (and subpages) is a
must, and reading through what tools are available on
http://anonscm.debian.org/darcs/pkg-haskell/tools/ might also be
enlightening. Besides that, feel free to ask on this list.

If you are looking for packages to package: With OpenGL upgraded it
should be possible to package gloss; that would be nice to have in
Debian. There is also http://wiki.debian.org/Haskell/PackageTODO for
ideas.