Re: Haskell-hoogle package is ready for upload.

Hi Joachim.

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 8:01 AM, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:
>> But who puts "example.txt" on /usr/share/doc/libghc-*-doc/html path?
>> I think the path is haddock's html directory.
>
> Who knows? the html directory could also be used for something else. The
> file ending .txt is unfortunate anyways, as it is not really text but
> data for a specific program – hence my vote for a more specific file
> name.

You are right.

>> Ah!
>> How about haskell-devscripts add @url line to txt file by
>> haddock-collect command?
>> Now debian's hooglize process is...
>>
>> (haddock)=> txt file =(haddock-collect)=> txt file with @url line
>> =(hoogle)=> foo file ...
>>
>> Txt file doesn't know the path for html.
>> But "txt file with @url line" know the path.
>> Then "txt file with @url line" is relocatable for
>> /usr/lib/ghc-doc/haddock/ or /usr/lib/ghc-doc/hoogle/.
>> All libghc-*-doc and ghc-doc packages should have "txt file with @url line"?
>> I think "txt file with @url line" should be named with another extension.
>>
>> I will try to implement it, if get the team's go sign.
>
> Exactly, thanks for giving it a try!

Now, haskell-devscripts support it on darcs repo.

> BTW, are the URLs correct at the moment? When I run
> $ hoogle -l 'intersperse'
> Data.List intersperse :: a -> [a] -> [a] -- http://localhost/cgi-bin/hoogle/file/usr/share/doc/ghc-doc/html/libraries/base-4.5.0.0/Data-List.html#v:intersperse
> [..]
>
> I would expect
> file://usr/share/doc/ghc-doc/html/libraries/base-4.5.0.0/Data-List.html#v:intersperse
> instead. I believe that hoogle should work from the command line fine
> even without a webserver installed.

Because modern web browser blocks links to local files (and
directories) from remote files.

  http://kb.mozillazine.org/Links_to_local_pages_do_not_work

Now Debian's hoogle database support that web api show
"http://localhost/cgi-bin/hoogle/file/usr/share/doc/..."; path and
command api show "file:/usr/share/doc/..." path.

Best regards,
--
Kiwamu Okabe