Re: Packages to be updated before the platform

I think there may be some issues with happstack-server and gitit.

The latest version (7.0.2) depends on blaze-html 0.5, but the latest gitit won't work with that version.  It seems that most other packages that depend on blaze (e.g. pandoc, yesod) have added a 'blaze_html_0_5' flag, so that they can be compiled either with 0.5.* or with 0.4.*.  Maybe the happstack devs can be persuaded to do the same.  Or, you may want to package happstack-server 7.0.1.  The other option would be to go with blaze-html 0.5 for all packages, but this would require upstream changes in gitit (which I can do if needed).

John

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 12:49 AM, Giovanni Mascellani <gio@debian.org> wrote:
Hi.

Doing a few research I discovered that.

Il 14/05/2012 23:05, Joachim Breitner ha scritto:
> haskell-happstack-ixset

This has been obsoleted by ixset.

> haskell-happstack-server

I can update it.

> haskell-happstack-state

This has been obsoleted by acid-state.

> haskell-happstack-util

This has been obsoleted.

I can update happstack-server and happstack: they will release their
dependencies on the other three packages, which can them by removed.
There is no need to actually upload the obsoleting ixset and acid-state,
since they're not required by new happstack packages or by gitit (which
is the package that pulled happstack in).

I can also work on other packages not requested by anyone.

Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani@poisson.phc.unipi.it>
Pisa, Italy