Re: Packages to be updated before the platform

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 20.05.2012, 00:57 +0200 schrieb Giovanni Mascellani:
> Il 19/05/2012 19:18, Joachim Breitner ha scritto:
> > haskell-happstack-ixset
> > haskell-happstack-state
> > haskell-happstack-util
> > 	Need to be removed. Gio, what is the status of haskell-ixset?
>
> I'll do ixset tomorrow, hopefully.

thanks.

> BTW, happstack (without -server) is just a dependency towards
> happstack-server. Before it at least depended on the whole happstack
> chain, but now it has been decomposed in lots in independent packages
> and happstack just depends on happstack-server. What should I do here?

Hmm, not sure. Maybe remove the libghc-happstack-* packages, but
introduce a manual meta package called happstack depending on
interesting packages? Or just leave it, by the principle of least
surprise.

haskell-diagrams is a very similar case, here I turned the packages into
normal Debian metapackages, but mostly because hlibrary does not cope
well with empty packages. (see also
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/954)

We are down to:
        haskell-happstack-ixset
        haskell-happstack-state
        haskell-happstack-util
        haskell-hledger-web
        haskell-mtl
        pandoc
        rss2irc

So I guess we can upload mtl and transformers soon. Then I will schedule
rebuilds of everything, and the aim should be to get things to
transition.

Once mtl and the final platform package is uploaded, please coordinate
uploads first on the list, as we don’t want to delay the transition. We
probably have time _after_ the transition, but still _before_ the freeze
to upload bug fixes or upgrade leaf packages.

Speaking of bug fixes,
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?maint=pkg-haskell-maintainers%40lists.alioth.debian.org
provides a rich list of things to look at before the freeze :-)