Re: What remains to be done before the freeze

Ciao.

Sorry for being silent and inactive for so long. I still don't have much
time, but maybe I can at least try to stay behind my packages.

Il 09/05/2012 09:41, Joachim Breitner ha scritto:
> For that we’ll have to upgrade HTTP, mtl, network, stm, text,
> transformers. With cgi we are ahead of the platform, I’ll query them if
> they have a reason not to ship the newest version.

Do we have some tool to automatically check if a new version of a
certain package satisfies the requirements of its rdeps? Possibly
checking not only the d/control, but the .cabal too, since sometimes the
"<" dependencies aren't transcribed in d/control.

> GHC 7.4.2 might be coming up soon, as well:
> http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/glasgow-haskell-users/2012-May/022365.html
>
> If GHC is really quick with the release and the platform will bless
> 7.4.2, we should go with that. Otherwise, we should look carefully at
> the release notes and stay with 7.4.1 (which has received some testing
> in Debian) if we are not missing anything bad.
>
> Any other wishes what needs to get into squeeze?

Though it is not grave, I would like to have [1] solved and tidy up a
few of my packages.

Team, any objection with it? If not, I can fix it directly in the
repository.

Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani@poisson.phc.unipi.it>