Moving to shared libraries?

Hey, all,

I was recently casting about for information about reducing the size of
the binaries that GHC produces, when I ran across mention of the fact
that it has recently gained support for dynamic linkage to libraries,
not just static linkage.

I gather that the Debian Haskell group is currently in the middle of a
big transition and thus not likely to take this particular task up now,
but I was wondering if there had been any discussion of trying to make
this the default for Haskell-on-Debian at some point in the future?

Thanks,

Mike.