Re: Dynamic libraries by default and GHC 7.8

On November 28, 2012 12:30:52 Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 28.11.2012, 11:35 -0500 schrieb Tyson Whitehead:
> > If I was update my 2010 patch so it worked again at some point in the
> > upcoming year (I don't have the time to do this at the moment), would
> > there be a reasonable chance it would seem worthwhile to include it at
> > this point?
> >
> > Please feel free to say no here if that is the case.  I realize that
> > maybe in a few years, when there are even more haskell applications, we
> > can revisit the again, and possibly then it will make more sense.
>
> there was even a patch? Sorry then, this is not how contributors should
> be treated.

Hey, no problem.  Like I said, I'm just glad we got some people interested in
making Haskell a success under Debian.  Thanks for all your work.

The patch was attached to my original email.  It was built on top of the 0.7.5
release of the haskell-devscripts.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-haskell/2010/03/msg00120.html

> Given that dynamic linking is becoming the default elsewhere, we should
> definitely provide it with the next release. So yes, please do look
> again at the issue.

Hopefully I'll have sometime in the new year to dust it back off again.

It won't be right away though, so, if someone else wants to take a stab at it,
please do go ahead.

WRT the rest of your points/questions, I haven't looked at it since I wrote
the patch, so I have to plead ignorant.

Cheers!  -Tyson