Re: Nikki and the Robots – where is it stuck?

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 19.09.2012, 10:24 +0800 schrieb Paul Wise:
> On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 10:50 PM, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > it seems that progress has stalled, so I looked again at Nikki and the
> > robots. A new version was put on code.joyride.de/tarballs, 0.5.1.1. I
> > updated the dependencies (sfml-audio) in experimental and adjusted the
> > packaging.
>
> So nikki 1.0 was released and it needs stickyKeysHotKey ==0.1.* which
> does not appear to be in Debian yet. Could the haskell team package
> that?

it is a windows only package that does nothing on Linux:

        #ifdef mingw32_HOST_OS
        [..]

        #else

        -- | Returns the current state of STICKYKEYS.SKF_HOTKEYACTIVE.
        getHotKeyActive :: IO Bool
        getHotKeyActive = return False

        -- | Sets the current state of STICKYKEYS.SKF_HOTKEYACTIVE.
        setHotKeyActive :: Bool -> IO ()
        setHotKeyActive = const $ return ()

        -- | Sets STICKYKEYS.SKF_HOTKEYACTIVE to False during the
        -- execution of the given command. Resets the original state
        -- afterwards
        withHotKeyDeactivated :: IO a -> IO a
        withHotKeyDeactivated = id

We should just patch it out in the Debian package. In fact, I just added
such a patch to the SVN repo.

I am looking forward to have 1.0 on Debian, so that I can redeem the
levels that I bought. For that, we have to upgrade sfml-audio, which is
already in sid. But we are not supposed to upgrade packages in sid
during the freeze. Hence, the new sfml-audio and (when ready) nikki-1.0
ought to go to experimental. sfml-audio upload done, nikki Debian
package builds.

Hmm, it seems that the server for redeeming the key is down or blocked
by my firewall, I’ll try from at home.