Re: How about add --hoogle option to haskell-devscripts's DEB_HADDOCK_OPTS

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 21.08.2012, 22:46 +0900 schrieb Kiwamu Okabe:
> Q1. Does this require any additional dependencies?
> A1. No.

good

> Q2. The files are also present in ghc-doc as well?
> A2. The ghc-doc package already has been created with --hoogle option
> for textual databases.
> But some databases had been gzipped on Debian.
> Can I change their file format to raw text?

Ah, I didn’t know that ghc-doc already provides these. We should really
do that in the other packages as well.

The gzipping could be avoided (it is done by dh_compress, an easy
solution would be to pass -Xtxt to it).

Alternative hoogle could be patched to read .gz files as well. After all
the savings are considerable. If you do that, please submit the patch
upstream.

> Q3. How large is the increase in package installed size?
> A3. Only additional foo.txt size.
> I built pandoc 1.9.4.2-2 with new haskell-devscripts.
> The Installed-Size increases 13kB as
> /usr/share/doc/libghc-pandoc-doc/html/pandoc.txt.gz.
> If libghc-pandoc-doc package had raw text pandoc.txt file, it's size
> is increased 49kB

The package itself has a size of 5.6MB, so the increase is acceptable.

I’m fine with the patch, thanks for the suggestion! But I’m on holiday
right now, so I’ll leave it to anyone else to deal with it.

greetings,