Re: A fix for #631073 (GHCi segfault on PowerPC)

Hi there,

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 09:28:19PM +1000, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Its seems we have a fix for this bug (mainly the work of Ben M Colins).
>
> I am in the process of preparing a simple patch for 7.4.1. Can we get
> this in for the next Debian release?

As Joachim says, I think you should ask debian-release about this. File
a tentative unblock bug with reportbug release.debian.org and explain
the implications (also include a diff). I guess this will require some
give-backs / binNMUs to build these packages on PPC. Including a list of
these would be helpful.  We'll then get an answer which tells us how to
proceed.

Could you push + enable this in the experimental branch (and remove the
patch we have to disable GHCi)? I'll then upload.

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain@orangesquash.org.uk ]
Debian Developer                                   [ laney@debian.org ]