Re: Introducing myself

Hi Boris,

Am Sonntag, den 10.06.2012, 21:57 +0300 schrieb Boris Sukholitko:
> Hello Debian Haskellers,
>
> My name is Boris Sukholitko. I am a programmer, Debian user, Haskell newbie.
>
> In my humble Haskell experiments I've encountered quite a few
> interesting packages
> not yet in Debian. Inspired by:
>
> http://www.slideshare.net/master_q/debian-loves-haskell
>
> I'd like to fix that. :)
>
> I've just sent an ITP for one such package:

> I'd like to push its debian directory to darcs.debian.org, setup commit hooks
> and make it ready for upload sponsor.
>
> AFAIK I need debian-haskell membership to do these steps.

thanks for your interest in helping Haskell in Debian. Of course we
welcome more manpower. I’m not sure, though, if haskell-syz is a package
suitable for Debian. Note that our goal is not to package as much from
Hackage as possible, but rather apply some thought as to what should be
in Debian. Also remember that dragging another Haskell package along is
expensive in terms of manpower, much more so than putting something on
hackage.

Who are the users? Is the library mature? Is it used by other code? In
this example, it seems to be code that comes with a research paper;
there is no indication that it has seen real-world testing or that it
addresses a real-world problem. It has only one reverse dependency on
hackage, genprog, which has seen only one upload. Hence I don’t see how
providing it along with Debian is useful.

If you disagree, please say so.

PS: Please subscribe to d-haskell, I’ll drop you from the CC field in
further mails.