Re: What remains to be done before the freeze

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 09.05.2012, 19:27 +0200 schrieb Giovanni Mascellani:
> Sorry for being silent and inactive for so long. I still don't have much
> time, but maybe I can at least try to stay behind my packages.
>
> Il 09/05/2012 09:41, Joachim Breitner ha scritto:
> > For that we’ll have to upgrade HTTP, mtl, network, stm, text,
> > transformers. With cgi we are ahead of the platform, I’ll query them if
> > they have a reason not to ship the newest version.
>
> Do we have some tool to automatically check if a new version of a
> certain package satisfies the requirements of its rdeps? Possibly
> checking not only the d/control, but the .cabal too, since sometimes the
> "<" dependencies aren't transcribed in d/control.

no, not yet. Helpers welcome :-).
http://packdeps.haskellers.com/ is some help, e.g.
http://packdeps.haskellers.com/reverse/mtl shows that, just to pick one,
haskeline has no version that allows the platform version of mtl... this
might need some work.

> > Any other wishes what needs to get into squeeze?
>
> Though it is not grave, I would like to have [1] solved and tidy up a
> few of my packages.
>
>  [1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=645530
>
> Team, any objection with it? If not, I can fix it directly in the
> repository.

Not from my side, but I’ll leave pandoc questions to Jonas.